Squirrels are funny and playful, but always keep in mind that they are wild animals. Watch and enjoy them, always approach them slowly and carefully and never try to grab or pick one up. Many will scratch or bite when they feel scared or threatened. If you see one in trouble, try to protect it from predators without touching it and call your local animal control.

Tiny builds a nest...

I realized that I wasn't going to be able to make the move to having my own nest in just one day. I didn't even know how to begin. I just had to be patient and keep an eye on what the other squirrels were doing.



Mostly they ate... and ate and ate and scrounged around on the ground for more stuff to eat. But one day I saw a squirrel waaaaaaaay up in a tree playing with a big clump of leaves. It didn't take long for me to realize that it was fixing its house.

Squirrels don't like other squirrels snooping around their houses so I couldn't exactly ask him how to go about making a nest. Instead I decided that whatever that squirrel did, I was going to do. If he picked up a leaf, I would pick up a leaf or a feather or whatever!

I picked the most perfect spot in the tree and got to work. Every night I would go back inside the people nest and pass out from exhaustion! After many days of building, I managed to make a pretty fine house.



I'm a little sad that I will be moving out of the people nest soon, but I'm only a tree top away. I can visit them whenever I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment