Squirrels are funny and playful, but always keep in mind that they are wild animals. Watch and enjoy them, always approach them slowly and carefully and never try to grab or pick one up. Many will scratch or bite when they feel scared or threatened. If you see one in trouble, try to protect it from predators without touching it and call your local animal control.

Tiny Gets Food!!

But the monster wasn't looking at me the same way that the 'kitty' was. It was looking at me a little bit like my mama used to look at me. I decided maybe it wasn't a monster after all and I didn't feel so scared any more. Instead, I remembered how hungry I was. I started telling the thing that I needed food, but all it did was look at me and say "why are you clucking like that little tiny squirrel?"

I think it understood me then and it disappeared inside its big nest and came out with something in its hand. It handed me a thing it called a peanut. I didn't know what that was, but it smelled YUMMY! I grabbed the peanut from its hand, but it was stuck inside and I couldn't figure out how to get it out! The thing said to me "Oh poor tiny squirrel, you barely have any teeth!"

It went inside of its nest again and came out with something else. It reached its paw very slowly and handed me the best tasting thing in the world!





It told me that it was called an apple. This one I could eat because it was very soft and my teensy teeth could scratch it. I was so hungry though that I could barely breathe. I was having a hard time holding onto it and keeping myself balanced at the same time. I kept dropping my first food in days!! The monster looked at me with a sad face, but then it smiled and handed me another piece.



Maybe this day is going to be OK after all...

2 comments: