Squirrels are funny and playful, but always keep in mind that they are wild animals. Watch and enjoy them, always approach them slowly and carefully and never try to grab or pick one up. Many will scratch or bite when they feel scared or threatened. If you see one in trouble, try to protect it from predators without touching it and call your local animal control.

Tiny doesn't need a Chaperone!

Big Mama thinks I'm ready to be outside by myself for the day. Again, the rest of the family is not so happy about it. I think I'll be OK. I've been exercising and practicing my climbing. When a cat's in the yard and the other squirrels sound the alarm, I know that I need to run to the highest spot in the tree.



The first thing that I do is have a hearty breakfast. Squirrels eat a lot because we need lots of energy to do all of that climbing. A squirrel NEVER skips a meal!



I feel proud that Big Mama trusts me to be careful. When it gets close to the time for the big warm circle in the sky to go to sleep, I sit in the tree and wait for one of the family to come get me. I climb into the cage and have a nice meal before hitting the sack for the night.



After a long day in the trees I am tired, but very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment