Squirrels are funny and playful, but always keep in mind that they are wild animals. Watch and enjoy them, always approach them slowly and carefully and never try to grab or pick one up. Many will scratch or bite when they feel scared or threatened. If you see one in trouble, try to protect it from predators without touching it and call your local animal control.

Tiny's trip outside is a success at last!!

Some time went by and Big Mama had no choice but to let me do my bathroom business inside the nest. I'm not sure why she kept cleaning it up. I don't remember my squirrel mama doing that. They also had to keep feeding me my formula and my favorite, apples!



When I was finally able to crack a seed open and eat it she thought that we should give the outside another try. Lucky for me Kitty had gotten into a fight with another cat (Probably because of his bad attitude). Big mama put this thing on his head to keep him from chewing on his boo-boos. He was not happy about it at all, but because of it he couldn't have eaten me if he tried, so it worked out pretty good.



Peanut carried me outside the nest in her pocket, which was my favorite place to sleep. She carried me all the way to where they feed the other squirrels and set me right on the feeder. I had never seen so much food in my life!



Then they put some food on the ground and I climbed down. I loved feeling the sunshine on my fur! It felt just as warm as Peanut's pocket, maybe even warmer. I climbed up and down for a good long time, picking out my favorite seeds, until I got tired.



Before Big mama and Peanut took me back inside they gave me a nice scratch on the head to let me know how proud they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment